Recently I have got free SSL certificate and install on my shared hosting server so today I am going to show you how to get your free SSL certificate and install on your shared hosting server so let follow this steps.
Get your free SSL certificate from SSL For Free and enter your domain name.
Now select “Manual Verification (Upload verification files manually to your domain to verify ownership)” and click on Manual verification button.
Download file #1 & #2 in your system and log in to your cPanel.
- Create a folder in your domain named “.well-known” if it does not already exist.
- Create another folder in your domain under “.well-known” named “acme-challenge” if it does not already exist
- Upload the downloaded files to the “acme-challenge” folder.
- Verify successful upload by visiting the following links in your browser.
- If the files do not show random alphanumeric characters or show an error then recheck that you are uploading in the correct place. Also, try viewing the page source (Right-click then click “view page source”) of the above links to make sure nothing else shows up but the verification file contents. If you use IIS then you may have to change your server config so that files without an extension (or the wildcard MIME type) serves as text/plain. Contact your host if you are unsure.
- Click Download SSL Certificate below.
After clicking on Download SSL Certificate button you will get Certificate, Private Key & CA Bundle so saved this details.
Now go to SSL/TLS option in your cPanel and click on Manage SSL sites.
Select your Domain from drop-down option & fill up Certificate, Private Key & Certificate Authority Bundle. Now click on Install Certificate button to install SSL on your selected Domain.
Congratulation you have successfully installed SSL certificate for your domain. Now access your site with https.
Happy Coding 😉